Insuring Your Insulators
If you want to know why you should insure your insulators... Yes, that was a CD 164
H.G.CO. in Peacock Blue...
Since 1993, the National Insulator Association has had an
insurance policy available for current members. This is a policy especially designed for
insulator collectors, and is backed by the The Hartford Insurance Group. This policy
features a number of attractive benefits:
- You are covered for the actual cash value of your insulator or related
- You determine the total value of your collection and insure it for that value
- Breakage of individual pieces is covered (including breakage from earthquakes)
- Coverage also applies when you are transporting or displaying your collection
- Dealers operating out of their house are also covered at the rate for a personal
- The NIA, if needed, will assist in the evaluation of a loss
- Your coverage may be increased or decreased at any time during the year.
The rate schedule is quite reasonable. Basic information is provided below.
- The basic rate is $6.50 per $1,000 valuation per year
- Earthquake coverage is an additional $1 per $1,000 valuation (This
additional charge applies to California residents only)
- There is a $100 deductible per claim
- Items valued at $1,000 or over must be specifically itemized and valued, otherwise they
are not covered
- For an minimum evaluation of $13,000, the premium is $255 for a three year policy
payable on annual installments.
You must be an active member of the National Insulator Association, and a copy of your
NIA member card must be provided as part of the application process.
- For more information, contact:
- Charlotte Stevens
Starkweather & Shepley, Insurance Brokerage Inc.
P.O. Box 549,
Providence, RI 02901-0549
(800) 854-4625 (x1322)
All attempts have been made to provide accurate information here. However, in the case
of discrepancies, the information provided by the insurance agency is the official source.
Return to the National Insulator Association page