Announcing the NIA Companion:
Thanks to a very generous donation from David Baron (NIA #9082), the NIA is pleased to present the NIA Companion to the insulator collecting hobby. The Companion provides both a website and a corresponding smart phone app. This is designed specifically for insulator collectors and an excellent alternative or supplement to FaceBook with some specific advantages:
- The companion is a website and smart phone app (Android and iOS) which allows easy mobile and desktop access.
- Provides a threaded discussion forum allowing anyone to ask questions, share photos, learn from others, etc. Create and respond to topics and other member’s responses in real-time but also enabling long term access to threads unlike FB where it can be difficult to locate a discussion from months before.
- Find information quickly and easily with search function (no posts get lost).
- Collaborate easily with other collectors on insulator details (mould studies, clues to unknown makers, color definitions, etc.)
- Easily manage your on-line views by subscribing to the forums of your choice and selectable Email notifications and/or a daily Email summary digest.
- Buy, sell and trade for items in the Companion Marketplace where each ad can easily load multiple photos for each piece.
- Catalog your collection online with access wherever you go with your mobile device – unlimited pieces, unlimited photos, share them with the community when you want.
- Sellers can build a sales stock collection and generate marketplace ads directly from their collection.
- Post your show or events and view other events in your region or across the country including locations and dates.
- Discuss shows and events both before and after they take place, including posting photos and show reports.
How to get started:
To start using this great new tool, use the links above to either visit the web site or download the mobile app. Once you are at the site, click the 'Join' button where you can fill out your profile information and become a registered member. After joining you can either add to your profile by uploading a photo as well as decide whether you'd like to receive email notifications when other members create and share information. Or, you can dive right in and start posting, selling, buying or building your collection!
Return to the National Insulator Association page